Wednesday, December 15, 2010

PowerSchoool Gradebook updated daily!

Couple items of note, with 1 week left before winter break.


1)  Currently, I am using an iPad as a classroom tool for the teacher.  The reason why I want to use it is for the powerteacher application which will allow me to update the gradebook while walking around the room.  Currently, I walk around the room with a sheet of paper and tally grades on that.  After about a week, I will mass update the gradebook, usually when there is an assessment given.  This has always been a cumbersome process, especially when someone is gone, and turns in late work.

I see the iOS application benefiting many people.  With timely updates (as in the minute I see the student's HW), the gradebook will reflect their scores (effort and completeness).  I will also be able to show if an assignment is missing, or when turned in was late.  This will allow anyone, parents, kids, or even case managers to see instantaneous updates which I feel can benefit all involved.  Without the application and the light wieght tech gadget, this process takes much more time.  Is it worth the price of the iPad, only time will tell.

2) 1 week to go before break.  All assignments are updated on the gradebook.  If you see any assignment missing or skipped, that means I don't have it and it will turn into a 0 by the end of the week.  Please turn them in.


Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment